5.10.2012

Obama and Faith In His Words

Maybe I'll add mine later, but for now yes. Just yes.


"In the end the values that I care most deeply about and [Michelle] cares most deeply about is how we treat other people and, you know, we are both practicing Christians and obviously this position may be considered to put us at odds with the views of others but, you know, when we think about our faith, the thing at root that we think about is, not only Christ sacrificing himself on our behalf, but it’s also the Golden Rule, you know, treat others the way you would want to be treated. And I think that’s what we try to impart to our kids and that’s what motivates me as president and I figure the most consistent I can be in being true to those precepts, the better I’ll be as a as a dad and a husband and hopefully the better I’ll be as president."

— President Barack Obama, on his Christian faith and support for marriage equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Creative Commons License
Destructive Anachronism is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.